Last month I left Red Hat and joined a startup KQInfotech. Some of my friends, relatives and few unknowns ask me why I left Red Hat in such scenario when the market is down. Here are some thoughts which I had while making this decision:-
- If not this time then never.
- I always to wanted to work at system’s area, specially with Linux kernel. I might have got this opportunity at Red Hat after 2-3 years but that would have been bit late. At KQInfotech I was getting immediate opportunity.
- I was getting into my comfort zone at Red Hat.
- At KQIfotech I am also getting an opportunity to teach, which I always like. We are having a year long program PGDSP in Gurukul tradition, in which we will be taking 20 interns and they will be trained to become a system programmer.There is no fee for this course.
- To get a startup experience. In future this will be helpful 🙂
- Moving from support to development.
- This was the right time to take risk as I am still single.