8th Bangalore Docker meetup and Global Hackathon#2
~40 people attended Bangalore meetup. Before the hackathon we had following presentations :-
- Docker Global Hackday opening by Avi Cavale, Co-founder and CEO, Shippable.
- Introduction to Docker – Pranay Pareek, Shippable
- Introduction to Project Atomic – Neependra Khare, Red Hat.
In the last meetup we looked at CoreOS and decided to to look at Project Atomic in this meetup. I used Colin Walters slides to give Atomic presentations and then used Fedora 20 Atomic image to give Demo.
After the presentation and Lunch we had the hackathon. Four teams participated. I could not due to being host but I helped first timers with Docker handons. The four hacks we did are:-
1. Dockit – Docker GlusterFS integration @HumbleDevassy, @swordphilic, @hiSaifi
2. dockerComp – @arcolife,@krishnakalyan3 – Bangalore Hackathon Winner
3. Docker as a Load Balancer. @anandrm
Dockerize a Load Balancer to replace a Standalone Load Balancers.
4. CI with Docker @srikrishnaholla, @harishk8591106, @dilipkuki
We did not have anyone to judge, so we did the presentations and cast the vote ourselves. Local winner was dockerComp.
In Pune we did not hackathon but had great workshop. Look at the meetup page for awesome feedback. The workshop labs are available at following to anyone to use.
Overall it was a great experience. There were requests to do hands-on with Docker. We’ll try to do in next meetup.